MSc in Railway Engineering Scholarship Announcement 2018
Objectives of the Program
DAAD, as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programs.
In-Country/In-Region postgraduate Scholarship Program at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology aims at the development of academically trained Railway specialists who could contribute towards capacity building of East-Africa.This scholarship Program is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and seeks to strengthen and expand DAAD’s regional network of high-quality academic partners offering development-related Master and/or PhD studies which are geared towards capacity building and strengthening of teaching and research staff.
DAAD is offering scholarships to citizens in Sub-Saharan African countries to pursue MSc studies in Railway Engineering specializing on “Civil Infrastructure”, “Rolling Stock” and “Traction and Train Control” at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) for the academic year 2018/2019.
Applicants have to:-
- Have completed their last degree less than six years ago at the time of application
- Be Citizens of Sub-Saharan countries
- The applicant must have a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering (to join Civil Infrastructure program), Mechanical Engineering (to join Rolling Stock program) Electrical Engineering (to join Traction and Train Control program) or related fields from an accredited institution with a CGPA of at least of 3.25/4.00 for males and 3.00/4.00 for females.
- The applicant should write a personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate`s interest to join the program.
- The scholar should have two letters of recommendations of advisors/ supervisors from previous educational institutions.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications may come from engineering subject areas with strong relevance in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related fields.
Place of Study
Addis Ababa University (AAU), Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT)
Duration and Commencement
Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master).The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the scholarship period expires.
Railway Engineering Center will receive your applications and shortlist. The shortlisted applicants will be forwarded to DAAD for further application and selection. Hence, the applicants should submit their document through email addresses; – firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com for the initial screening and shortlisting. Shortlisted applicants will further be communicated by DAAD.
The application will only be complete if the following documents are submitted.
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy)
- All the above documents should be scanned in a single PDF document. Applicants who submitted separately will be considered as incomplete.
The application procedure for this scholarship will be done by AAiT (Addis Ababa Institute of Technology) and DAAD following this timeline:
|1||Deadline for Application to AAiT||28th February 2018|
|2||Announcement for shortlisted candidates||9th March 2018|
|3||Deadline for the portal application (for selected candidates only)||22nd March 2018|
N.B Please download calls for Scholarship application notice below
Railway Engineering Center
Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT)
Samsung Building first floor, N-135
Office hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EAT Monday to Friday
Tel: +251 111 2612 94
Mr. Anteneh Zewdu
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT)
PG Coordinator, Railway Engineering Center
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology